Hi all,

I guess this might be an easy question, but I've searched multiple help pages
without finding any answear... so now I put my trust in you!

I have a data frame (36 variables and 556 observations). One column contains
three factors, and I would like to divide the data frame into three new ones,
based on the value of the factors, thereby having only one value for all
elements of the particular column in each of the data frames. The reason is
that I later will create plots and do statistical analyzes on these data
frames, and I don't want those factors affecting the result.
    ID Weight  Age_days ...
1   18   76.1       106
2   19   77.0       175
3   20   78.1       121
4   21   78.2       121
5   22   78.8       106
6   23   76.3       106
.
.
.

I also have another column containing several factors, of which I would like to
exclude one (get NA instead).

    ID Weight  Age_days  Value_ID ...
1   18   76.1       106      high
2   19   77.0       175       low
3   20   78.1       121    middle
4   21   78.2       121      high
5   22   78.8       106      high
6   23   76.3       106    number   <-- exclude
7   24   76.9       175       low
.
.
.

I really hope someone could help me, though you might think it's too easy...

Best regards,

Joel