Hello,
I’m currently running a script that takes several days to complete, and have therefore chosen to start two instances of R, each doing half the work (since I have a two-processor machine). The problem is that this renders my computer worthless to do other work on. So - is it possible to pause one of the running R instances to do other things for a while, and then starting it again without losing anything?

TL;DR I want to know if it is possible to pause a running script.

Thanks!

Anders