DF[ ,names(DF)[c(your_preferred_order)]]

 -Peter Ehlers

Joel Fürstenberg-Hägg wrote:
Hi all,

Probably a simple question, but I just can't find a simple answear in the older
threads or anywhere else.

I've added some new vectors as columns in a data frame using cbind(). As
they're all put as the last columns inte the data frame, I would like to move
them to specific positions. How do you do to change the position of a column in
a data frame?

I know I can use
fieldTrial0809=data.frame(Sample_ID=as.factor(fieldTrial0809$Sample_ID),
Plant_ID=as.factor(fieldTrial0809$Plant_ID), ...) to create a new data frame
with the given columns in the specified order, but there must be an easier
way..?

All the best,

Joel
_________________________________________________________________ Nya Windows 7 - Hitta en dator som passar dig! Mer information. http://windows.microsoft.com/shop