Dylan Beaudette wrote:
Hi,

Using the latest rms package I am able to make nice plots of model predictions +/- desired confidence intervals like this:

# need this
library(rms)

# setup data
d <- data.frame(x=rnorm(100), y=rnorm(100))
dd <- datadist(d)
options(datadist='dd')

# fit model
l <- ols(y ~ rcs(x), data=d)

# predict along original limits of data
l.pred <- Predict(l)

# plot of fit and conf. int.
xYplot(Cbind(yhat, lower, upper) ~ x, data=l.pred, method='filled', col.fill=grey(0.9), col=1, type='l')

Is there any way in which I can turn this figure on its side, by plotting x ~ y... something like this:

# doesn't work
xYplot(x ~ Cbind(yhat, lower, upper), data=l.pred, method='filled', lable.curves=FALSE, col.fill=grey(0.9), col=1, type='l')

# standard lattice, but without the fancy filled area
xyplot(x ~ yhat + lower + upper, data=l.pred, type='l', lty=c(1,2,2), col=1)

Any suggestions? If it is not possible, then I will try and manually make the figure with basic lattice functions.

Cheers,
Dylan

Dylan,

Cbind is for the left hand side of the formula. I suggest you look at one of the books that covers lattice graphics, or the online resources for lattice to customize this. The output from Predict is suitable for several graphics models.

Frank