Hi all,

I've got some problems when changing the trellis settings for the lattice
plots. The plots look exactly as I want them to when calling show.settings() as
well as when plotting them in the graphical window. But when printing to a pdf
file, none of the settings are used!? Does anyone know what might have
happened? Because the when changing the trellis settings, these should remain
in the new state until you close R right..?

# Change settings for the boxplot appearance
new.dot=trellis.par.get("box.dot")
new.rectangle=trellis.par.get("box.rectangle")
new.umbrella=trellis.par.get("box.umbrella")
new.symbol=trellis.par.get("plot.symbol")
new.strip.background=trellis.par.get("strip.background")
new.strip.shingle=trellis.par.get("strip.shingle")
new.dot$pch="|"
new.dot$col="black"
new.rectangle$col="black"
new.rectangle$fill="grey65"
new.umbrella$col="black"
new.umbrella$lty=1 # Continous line, not dotted
new.symbol$col="black"
new.strip.background$col="grey87" # Background colour in the upper label
new.strip.shingle$col="black" # Border colour around the upper label
trellis.par.set(box.dot=new.dot, box.rectangle=new.rectangle,
box.umbrella=new.umbrella, plot.symbol=new.symbol,
strip.background=new.strip.background, strip.shingle=new.strip.shingle)

Best regards,

Joel