Hi All,

I'm trying to analyze some time series data and I have run into difficulty. I
have decadal sun spot data and I want to separate the very regular periodic
function from the trend and noise. I looked into using stl(), but the frequency
of the time series data must be greater than 1 for stl(). My data covers a 1000
year interval from 9095 BP to 8095BP and the frequency is, therefore, 0.1
(because the data are decadal). I've tried changing the frequency, but the only
frequency that creates a plot of the time series data which matches the raw
data is 0.1. Is there anything I can do to the data that will make it more
amenable to stl(), or is there another package that I could use for decomposing
the signal that does not require that the frequency of the time series to be
greater than 1? Thanks,

Chris