Manuel Jesús López Rodríguez wrote:
Dear all,
I would like to know how could I execute a sequence or orders with just a
function, i.e, that just typing the function name, R gives me all the
parameters I want (for instance, if I want to see the summary, the standard
deviation, the number of valid cases, etc of a dataframe just with one
function). I have tried with the following, but just compute the second
argument of the body, i.e., the summary:

resumen<-function(x) {
        apply(x,2,sd,na.rm=TRUE)
        summary(x)
        }

Thank you very much for your help!!

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

In addition to my fellow R-helpers:

R does not save the result of the apply function on x. Now you calculate it and it is discarded. To save it, try something like:

resumen<-function(x) {
        y = apply(x,2,sd,na.rm=TRUE)
        summary(y)
        }

Or print statements on both lines, as the others suggested.

cheers,
Paul

--
Drs. Paul Hiemstra