I am using a plot to inspect data points, and I would like to identify each
point with respect to an ID. At issue is that I am producing a faceted plot
with many IDs (96) and the key is far to large to accurately identify points
by color.

1) Can you direct me on labeling or printing data points by an ID instead of
a point, as in "ID" in this toy example
2) alternately is there method for printing a key for each panel which shows
only those IDs which appear in the panel at hand?

x<-as.factor(1:5)
y<-rnorm(1:10)
ID<-1:5
f1<-c("a","b")
f2<-c("x","y")

dat<-expand.grid(x=x, y=y, id=ID, f1=f1, f2=f2)

xyplot(y~x | f1 + f2, dat)

Thanks
Pat

--