Depending on your sample size, you might be able to just label the nodes by drawing a random sample from the variable names :-)

Frank

kaida ning wrote:
Hi all,

I used rpart to fit a model, where the covariates are categorical variables.
Then I plotted the tree (mytree) and used the command "text" to add labels
to the tree.

In the nodes of the tree, the values of the covariates are represented with
a, b or c (tree attached).
Is there a way to show the real value(s) of the variable in the nodes
instead of a, b or c ?
I found that the command "labels(mytree,minlength=3)" can give me the
desired label, but I don't know how to add it to the tree.

Best,
Kaida