mkna005 mkna005 wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to get this library working under R2.10.0. I downloaded it
and installed it from zip file. i get the following output.

library(hgu133a2.db)
Error in library(hgu133a2.db) : there is no package called 'hgu133a2.db'
utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'hgu133a2.db' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
library(hgu133a2.db)

Welcome to Bioconductor

 Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
 'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
 'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

Error in fun(...) : could not find function "createAnnObjs.HUMANCHIP_DB"
In addition: Warning message:
package 'hgu133a2.db' was built under R version 2.7.0 and help will
not work correctly
Please re-install it
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'hgu133a2.db'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'hgu133a2.db'

Whats the problem and how can I fix it?

You tried to install a binary for an obsolete version of R. Find a current build instead, or find the source and build one yourself.

It's likely that if the source is of the same vintage as the file you installed that it will need updating. You might have better luck asking on the Bioconductor list.

Duncan Murdoch
Thanks

Christoph