On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, jgar...@ija.csic.es wrote:

Hi all,
I'm testing the use of the hdf5 R library under Windows XP.

With some simple example (an R list with several subobjects as showed in
the examples in the library) the library exports and imports .hdf files
adequately. However, if I try to open the exported file with another
program (HDFView 2.5) I receive the message that the file is an
unsupported format. HDFView 2.5 does not seems to have any problem with
another hdf5 files.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with R exporte hdf5 files and
could indicate if it is likely originated by either the R interface or the
hdf library in my computer?

Well, it is the hdf5 library that writes the file, so that must be the origin.

Beyond that, please do read the posting guide, and send a small reproducible example to the package maintainer.

Thanks and best regards,
Javier

Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk