On 16/12/2009 8:48 AM, Xiang Wu wrote:
Yes, that's true. But what I need is the original precision of a numeric. So to me, 1.00 and 1.0000 are different.

In that case, they are not numbers, but strings: and you can probably use nchar() to count characters, after stripping off any leading or trailing whitespace, commas, and decimal points.

Duncan Murdoch