Jim Bouldin wrote:
When I try to run the following non-linear regression with  variables
index1 and prl3:

beta = 4
nls(index1~beta*(1/prl3),start = list(beta = 4))

I get this error message:

Error in nls(index1 ~ beta * (1/prl3), start = list(beta = 4)) : REAL() can only be applied to a 'numeric', not a 'logical'

Please see the posting guide. For reproducibility, we'd need prl3 and index1.

I've got no clue as to the REAL() to which this is referring.  Any help
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try traceback().

Uwe Ligges

Jim Bouldin