On Sun, 3 Jan 2010, Tal Galili wrote:

Hi Charles,
Thanks for answering - you are right about the posting guide (sorry).

In any case, my question wasn't on how to reorder the columns (that is
simple), but on how to choose what order to put them in.

OK, and I see you included a reference, so there is probably more to this than meets my eye.

But would something as simple as this be good enough??

library(MASS)
hc1 <- hclust(dist(cor(log(iris[, 1:4]))))
parcoord(log(ir)[,  hc1$order ], col = 1 + (0:149)%/%50)

or possibly

        hc1 <- hclust(dist( abs( cor(log(iris[, 1:4])))))

Chuck

Thanks,
Tal

Contact me: tal.gal...@gmail.com |  972-52-7275845