Thanks for your email.. Yes, I am looking for lattice version of matplot...
Attached are some codes for simplicity for rapid testing..Any suggestions
would be highly appreciated...

library(lattice)
dat <- data.frame(x = rep(1:10,2),
                  y1 = rnorm(20),
                  y2=rnorm(20,sd=1.3),
                  y3=rnorm(20,sd=0.3),
                  gp1 = rep(letters[1:8],each=10),
                  gp2=rep(LETTERS[1:4],each=20),
                  gp3=rep(c("P","Q"),each=40))

pset <- simpleTheme(lty = c(0,1,2), col=c("blue","red","green"))
xyplot(y1+y2+y3~x|factor(gp3)+factor(gp2),
        data=dat,
        groups=gp1,
        allow.multiple=T,
        panel=panel.superpose,
        distribute.type=T,
        type=c("b","l","l"),
        par.settings=pset,
        strip=strip.custom(strip.names=F,strip.levels=T))

Thanks..
Santosh