Hi Uwe,
             Thanks for your suggestion . Here's my code. I am confused as
to how to initialize an empty list . Here I have used pairlist()

 *list.files()->org_xml_dirs
 for (i in org_xml_dirs)
{
 setwd(file.path("/home/anupam/Research/Anupam_data/ORG_XML_FILES/",i))
 org_xml<-list.files()
 for(j in org_xml)
 {
 graph_list<-pairlist()
 graph<-parseKGML2Graph(j,genesOnly=TRUE)
 graph_list<-c(graph_list,list(graph))
 }
 org_met_net<-mergeKEGGgraphs(graph_list)
 met_org<-igraph.from.graphNEL(org_met_net,name=TRUE)

write.graph(met_org,"/home/anupam/Research/Anupam_data/ORG_XML_FILES/i.metnet",format=c("NCOL"))
 }
*
This is giving an error:

Error in UseMethod("xmlAttrs", node) :
  no applicable method for "xmlAttrs"

I apologise for asking a Bioconductor list related question on this list.
Can you figure out the problem ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anupam

--
Graduate Student,