On 12.01.2010 11:33, alessia matano wrote:
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
   unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-211~1.0DE/library/SparseM/libs/SparseM.dll':
   LoadLibrary failure:  %1 non รจ un'applicazione di Win32 valida.

These packages have libraries that work for 32-bit R.

You need to compile 64-bit versions from sources using the setup as described in Brian Ripley's message on R-devel and in the R Installation and Administration manual.

Package repositories for 64-bit versions are not yet online for that *experimental* 64-bit version - although I am currently syncing them. The latter means an also *experimental* repository of 64-bit packages for Windows may go online in the CRAN network within very few days.

Note that you will need to set that repository manually for now.

In the meantime, you can get packages from my more or less private repository as follows:

install.packages(c("SparseM", "quantreg"),

contriburl="http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/~ligges/CRAN/bin/windows64/contrib/2.11";,
    dependencies = TRUE)

Best,
Uwe Ligges