2010/1/26 Ben Bolker <bol...@ufl.edu>

> julien martin <julemartin0320 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I am generating 1000 replicate data sets in R, each data set is then
> > analyzed with WinBUGS in batch mode using R2WinBUGS. Unfortunately,
> > occasionally some data sets lead WinBUGS to open a "trap" window; and the
> > simulations are interrupted as result of the message. Is there any ways
> > set R2WinBUGS so that it would ignore the trap message and  proceed with
> the
> > simulations?
>
>  I'm not sure -- I don't think so -- I don't remember if R hangs
> or returns an error on a trap -- but you could try (1) try()
> and (2) JAGS/R2jags
>
> A practical suggestion - run this in a loop, and save the output to a file
at the end of each loop.

Also, if you're getting several trap messages with 100 replicates, you might
want to tweak the what you're doing.  e.g. set up initial values close to
the posterior, and make sure your priors aren't too vague.

Bob

--
Bob O'Hara

Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre
Senckenberganlage 25
D-60325 Frankfurt am Main,
Germany

Tel: +49 69 798 40216