Dearl list,

can anyone point me to a function or library that can create a graph similar to
the one in the following powerpoint presentation?

http://bmi.osu.edu/~khuang/IBGP705/BMI705-Lecture7.ppt

(pages 36-37)

In order to try to explain the graph, the way I see it in R terms is something
like this:

the "p-q" axis is a vector of positions (for example, seq(0,5000000,1))
the "Chr1-Chrx" is a vector of units, in this case chromosomes (so something
like seq(1,10,1))
the plotted data is observations for each unit at each position

I guess the fancy gradient on the highest peaks is tougher to get (knowing I am
not an R expert), but just plain blue would suffice.

I have checked some of the graphs in the R graph gallery but I donĀ“t think any
of them would work

Thanks in advance,

Dave