On 18.02.2010 17:54, madhu sankar wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use svm  for regression data.

this is how my data looks like:

dataTrain

x  y   z
1  4  6
2  5  4
3  7  5

classTrain

2
3
4

dataTest

x y  z
1 7  2
2 8  3

classTest

3
4
5

building the model

model<-svm(dataTrain,classTrain,type="nu-regression")
pred<- predict(model, dataTest)

pred
        1        2
3.008842 3.120078

I don't understand what the above value means.i need the results similar to
classTest.

They are similar, aren't they?
You talk about svm *regression* rather than classification and call your object "class....." which makes me worry you failed to understand some basics of the method.

Uwe Ligges

Thanks,
Joji.