Hi ,
Could you please help me in this question:?
After trying this code:

library(e1071)
 mydata <- as.matrix(read.delim("iris.txt"))
 train.x <- mydata[,-1]
 train.y <- mydata[,1]
 mymodel <- svm(train.x, train.y, cross=3, type="C-classification")

I receive this error:

Error in colMeans(x, na.rm = TRUE) : 'x' must be numeric

I put the class label in the first column.

Cheers,
Amy