How, if possible, can I run an R script, from command line, passing external
parameters just like
I can run a C main program passing parameters:

# Cprog p1 p2 p3

Cprog can access its arguments (p1,p2,p3) through the built-in structures
"argv" and "argc".
Since R is built on C language I would expect the same feature to be available
with R scripts as well ... ?
Please, notice that I do not mean to open an interactive R session, assign
values to p1, p2, p3 and then
call the R script from the same interactive session. This way I daresay that
p1, p2, p3 would be known to
the R script as global variables.

Thank you very much.
Maura