Hi,
How to turn a character string into an unevaluated R object? I want to load
some files in a directory into data matrix R objects. I could do this with
read.table and assign (see below). Then, I want to turn the character string
representing a file name (the evaluated expression of i) into an unevaluated R
object. Basically, I want to create matrices whose names are the same as the
related file names.

Chees,

Carol
suppose I have

mat1, mat2, mat3 files

v = list.files(".", all.files = F, pattern = "mat")
 for (i in v)
         assign(i, read.table(i, sep = "\t"), pos = 1)

then, I want to have 3 objects with the names mat1, mat2, mat3 containing what
mat1, mat2, mat3 files contain.