Hi,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:46 AM, chinna <durgache...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter konings,
> Sorry man the forecasted values i have given wrong ........
> once again see my question and please give me the answer.
>
> <snip>

> This is the forecasted report that i get using the reporting tool cognos(BI
> Reporting Tool).
> is this is possible with the R project.
> If possible can u please tell me the way.

Certainly. Here's a really simple solution:

Load the data into R using read.table (this may involve cleaning up the
dollar amounts). It looks linear (scatterplot of revenue and quarter_index),
so fit a linear model (Revenue ~ quarter_index) with lm(). Use the object
created and a dataframe of what values you want to predict (probably
quarter_index=seq(1,16)) with the predict() command.

For a bit more information, see

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.html#Linear-models

and the following section. Also try ?lm, ?predict.

(On a side note, my predicted values are consistently about $50,000 higher
than the ones you got from what were using. Since I don't know what exactly
your tool is doing, I can't tell you why that is).

If you want to take into account the fact that it's actually a time series,
R has plenty of tools for that too.

Jonathan