I recently updated all my plugins, and for the fun of it, I added ALL the Rcmdr
Plugins to my collection to see what functionality might exist.  I started
Rcmdr and loaded ALL the available Plugins from to the Rcdmdr Tools menu.

To my suprise Rcmdr produced a number of warnings and finally an error.  The
error suggests that some of the extensions are incompatable with each other
because of menu name choices.  If one then selects to "restart Rcmdr" at the
ensuing prompt, Rcmdr is left in a dysfunctional state such that  Commander()
can't recover.  I understand that what I did was "insensitive", but one might
expect Rcmdr to crash "more gently".  The warnings and errors I got are shown
below.

The final message before Rcmdr restart dialog appears is the following:
[16] NOTE: Plug-ins loaded: RcmdrPlugin.DoE, RcmdrPlugin.epack,
RcmdrPlugin.Export, RcmdrPlugin.FactoMineR, RcmdrPlugin.HH, RcmdrPlugin.IPSUR,
RcmdrPlugin.MAc, RcmdrPlugin.MAd, RcmdrPlugin.orloca, RcmdrPlugin.qcc,
RcmdrPlugin.qual, RcmdrPlugin.SLC, RcmdrPlugin.sos, RcmdrPlugin.survival,
RcmdrPlugin.SurvivalT, RcmdrPlugin.TeachingDemos

FWIW, I'm on Windows XP with R version 2.10.1  R Commander Version 1.5-4.

Other than reporting this behavior, I was wondering if anyone knew how to
restart Rcmdr (minus plugins) without having to restart RGUI?

Rob Baer

> Commander()
Warning in if (where < 1) rbind(object2, object1) else
rbind(object1[1:floor(where),  :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
Warning in 1:floor(where) :
  numerical expression has 2 elements: only the first used
Warning in (floor(where) + 1):n :
  numerical expression has 2 elements: only the first used
Warning in if (where < 1) rbind(object2, object1) else
rbind(object1[1:floor(where),  :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
Warning in 1:floor(where) :
  numerical expression has 2 elements: only the first used
Warning in (floor(where) + 1):n :
  numerical expression has 2 elements: only the first used
Warning in if (where < 1) rbind(object2, object1) else
rbind(object1[1:floor(where),  :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
Warning in 1:floor(where) :
  numerical expression has 2 elements: only the first used
Warning in (floor(where) + 1):n :
  numerical expression has 2 elements: only the first used
Warning in max(which((Menus[, "operationOrParent"] == "cascade") & (Menus[,  :
  no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf
Error in `[.data.frame`(menuNames, duplicateMenus) :
  undefined columns selected

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D.
Professor of Physiology
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicne
A. T. Still University of Health Sciences
800 W. Jefferson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501