(.R source files are just text.)

--
David.
On Mar 22, 2010, at 4:53 PM, Ron Michael wrote:

Hi, I was following this thread and would like to ask is there any way to save and open a .RData file after using some Password. What I mean to say, how to make my workplace password-protected?
Also would like to know how same can be done for .R file.
Thanks for your time.
Thanks and regards,

--- On Tue, 23/3/10, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net> wrote:

From: David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [R] Why "\\" instead of simple "/" to specify a file path
To: "Bogaso" <bogaso.christo...@gmail.com>
Cc: r-help@r-project.org
Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 1:51 AM

On Mar 22, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Bogaso wrote:

Hi all,

I have saved my workplace in a .RData format. However if I want to open
that, I need to use following code :

load("C:\\......")

Here my question is why "\\". In all the time generally we use "/" like when we use read.delim() function etc. Is there any possibility to have some
consistency there?

Depends what you mean by consistency. The same rule applies on all current supported OS platforms. Doubling the back-slashes is needed because "\" is an "escape character".

Is there any other way to re-open the .RData file?

If your OS supports it you may be able to use drag-drop with file icons or you can use file.choose()

--David.

Thanks,
http://n4.nabble.com/Why-instead-of-simple-to-specify-a-file-path-tp1677973p1677973.html

     New Email names for you!