Hello Everyone,

I'm still quite new to R and am having trouble reading SQL Server Tables using
RODBC. I've looked though the RODBC documentation as well as material I found
online and in the book "Data Manipulation with R," but I just can't quite seem
to get things to work.

Right now, I have code that looks something like:

channel <- odbcDriverConnect
("Driver=SQL Server;
Server=Fred; Connection=xx.x.x.xxx
Database=mydatabasename;
uid=pmiller; pwd=password;
Trusted_Connection=FALSE;")

When I run this code, I get the following error:

[RODBC] ERROR: state IM002, code 0, message [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I do seem to be able to make a connection if I use:

channel <- odbcDriverConnect("driver=SQL Server; server=Fred")

Here, I haven't specified enough information but am allowed to do so
subsequently using the SQL Server Login.

Can anyone show me how to rewrite the code above to make the connection I need
without using the SQL Server Login?

Thanks,

Paul