Hi Mike,

the following works for me:

SITE <- ordered(c(101,102,103,104))
WDAY <- ordered(c("MON","TUE","WED","THR","FRI"),levels=c("MON","TUE","WED","THR","FRI"))
TOD <- ordered(c("MORN","AFTN"),levels=c("MORN","AFTN"))

foo <- expand.grid(SITE=SITE,WDAY=WDAY,TOD=TOD)
foo[order(foo$SITE),]

If this doesn't solve your problem, perhaps you could give us a minimal code snippet that demonstrates what exactly you are doing without getting what you are looking for?

Bye,
Stephan

Hosack, Michael schrieb:
Hello,

I need to create a dataframe containing all possible combinations of
three variables: SITE (101,102,103,104), WDAY (MON,TUE,WED,THR,FRI),
and TOD (MORN, AFTN). There should be a total of 40 unique
combinations in my dataframe. I used expand.grid() successfully(?) to
create my dataframe, but then when I went to order it by SITE, the
resultant dataframe only contained four rows, one for each site.
There must be something about this function that I don't understand.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike