Hi all,

The call to:
library(rJava)

Results in the following warning massage:

Warning message:
In inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  DLL attempted to change FPU control word from 8001f to 9001f

After some searching I found the following explanation:

> R expects all calls to DLLs (including the initializing call) to leave the
> FPU control word unchanged. Many run-time libraries reset the FPU control
> word during initialization; this will cause problems in R, and will result
> in a warning message like "DLL attempted to change FPU control word from
> 8001f to 9001f". The value 8001f that gets reported is in the format
> expected by the C library routine _controlfp; the raw value that is used
> in the FPU register is 037F.

Also with a few old discussions that explain (for a package developer) how
to avoid this.

The question is, should I, as a useR, do anything regarding this warning
massage ?

I use winXP , here is my sessionInfo()

R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages: