Hi,

I'd like to select one row in a data frame per subset which is maximal for a
particular value. I'm pretty close to the solution in the sense that I can
easily select the maximal values per subset using "aggregate", but I can't
really figure out how to select the rows in the original data frame that are
associated with these maximal values.

library(stats)
# this returns the list with maximal values for breaks per wool/tension
subset
maxValues = aggregate(warpbreaks$breaks, list(wool = wool, tension =
tension), max)

# now i'd like the subset of the rows in warpbreaks that are associated with
these maximal values

Thank you in advance!

Tim.