The package EBImage provides general purpose functionality for the reading, writing, analysis and displaying of images.

> library(EBImage)
> x = readImage('lena.gif')
> display(x)

ImageJ is OK to carry out some image processing operations. But if you need to perform quantitative image analysis or model/analyse images with statistical models, then R + EBImage is a simple and powerful alternative.

Images are just matrices.

Kind regards,

Greg
---
Gregoire Pau
EMBL Research Officer
http://www.embl.de/~gpau/

Oliver wrote:
baptiste auguie <baptiste.auguie <at> googlemail.com> writes:

Hi,

Try this,

library(png)
example(readPNG)
[...]

If "rasterImage" would be available, I think this would be the right hint.

But it isn't.

So I can load the pic, but not display it. :(

Ciao,
  Oliver