On 06/07/2010 02:49 AM, Iasonas Lamprianou wrote:
Hi all,
does anyone have any practical examples of how this command can be used in
prettyR?
add.value.labels(x,value.labels)

I mean, can we have the SPSS style of using numbers and/or labels if we want to?

Thank you for your time

Hi Jason,
The value labels used in prettyR are mainly to help those users who are importing SPSS .sav files and want to see the value labels displayed in the output of some functions. Thus if you import an SPSS dataset with add.value.labels=TRUE, functions like "brkdn" will display those labels.

The add.value.labels function just lets the user add value labels to variables that don't have any.

Jim