Hello Sir,
I am using mgcv package for my data.
My model is y~x1+f(x2),I want to find out the function f(x2) .
Following is the code.

sm1=gam(y~x1+s(x2),family=binomial, f)
summary(sm1)
plot(sm1,residuals=TRUE, xlab="AGE",pch=20)

In this plot I am getting S(x2,1.93) on y axixs
How should I get the function for x2 from this plot.or Is there anyother
procedure in R  to get this function or value for that particular function.for
example f(x2)= log(x2) so from that plot how can I get this kind of formula for
x2 variable?
How can I find variance covariance matrix  for that model and confidence
interval for that model ? I tried delta method but I am not getting result.
Hope you understand my question?
Thanks