Le 16/06/10 18:54, Andrej a écrit :

Thanks David for your fast reply, but now I realized tat "string" is
of type:

class(string)
[1] "jobjRef"
attr(,"package")
[1] "rJava"

so I get an error when i try with gsub or sub:

sub("^.+\\t(\\d+)\\n.+$", "\\1", string)
Error in as.character.default(x) :
   no method for coercing this S4 class to a vector

"string" is a java object, you can get the character vector like this:

> string$toString()

but I bet there are other methods in the java class that would let you access the information you are after without doing text demangling. Try completion:

> string$<TAB>

replace <TAB> by the tab key, you should see the list of java methods associated with the java class. you can also call .jmethods

> .jmethods( string )

Romain

I think that there should be trivial solution, but... Any further
idea?

Regards, Andrej