In a message dated 3/14/03 10:10:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> 1*
> I need to use logistic regression. But
> my data file is very huge( appx. 4 million line).
> R doesn't handle such a file.
> What can I do ?

It depends on the strength of your computing system as well: consider adding
more RAM, depending on how many columns (and what kind) you have to read in
for 4 million records. You may try one of the DBMS like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
 They have a pretty good R interface. I am currently using MySQL with RMySQL
and RODBC. I started from scratch and learn about it by reading online stuff
(thanks to some nice people). It is esay to setup and administer, though with
some limitations, which may not matter if you are using this only as a data
storage and retrieval system for R. Also read about DBMS in the 1st issue of
R-news and the Data Import section in the manual.  Try to look for MySQL and
DBMS postings on the R mailing list. It has some good info. Good luck!

        [[alternate HTML version deleted]]