forkusam wrote:

Hi ,
I am programming on a windows system and have problems
using notepad which is my main editor.Each time I try
to open the editor from the R IDE, R crashes.

I guess it looks like R freezes (and R does *not* crash), because R waits until the editor is closed again. That's happens for every editor.
Why don't you start your favorite editor in another way?

Uwe Ligges

So I always have to copy my codes from notepad and
paste in R to run them.
CAn someone tell me if I am doing anything wrong or is
there a better editor(freeware) which I could get.
thanks
cilver

=====