Since there doesn't appear to be an RMySQL rpm for SuSE 8.*, does anyone know if the 7.3 version will work with the SuSE 8.2 rpms of R and DBI?

The package installs without complaint, but when I try to run

con <- dbConnect(dbDriver("MySQL"),dbname="test")

I get the error

Error in dbConnect(dbDriver("MySQL")) : couldn't find function ".valueClassTest"

(This is my first attempt to access a an rdms from R, so I could be doing something else wrong.)

Any ideas as what might be generating this error, or as to combinations of rpms that will work under SuSE 8.2 would be appreciated. (I took a stab at compiling RMySQL from src, but I don't have MySQL src installed and I rather not get involved in this if I can avoid it.)

Thanks,

Barnet Wagman