Hi,

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, yyh wrote:

> I have difficulties to handle axis. I want to draw axis label such that axis has
> range of [-0.4,0.4] with intervel 0.2 for x and y axis.
> Some part of range do not have data points. Thus, plot does not show whole range.
> How can I enforce plot to depict the whole range regardless of existence of data
> points ?

You can draw the plot from first principle.  For example:
  x = seq(-0.4, 0.4, length = 50)
  y = runif(50, -0.2, 0.2)
  plot.new()
  plot.window(xlim = c(-0.4, 0.4), ylim = c(-0.4, 0.4))
  axis(1, at = seq(-0.4, 0.4, by = 0.2))
  axis(2, at = seq(-0.4, 0.4, by = 0.2))
  points(x, y)
  box()

> Another problem is that when I depict axis labels, some labels are overlapped
> because interval is very small. In this case, I'd like to put one of label into
> insde the box which is drawn by plot.
> How can I do this ?

Try:
  title(xlab = "This is my x-label", line = -2)

Of course, this is just a silly example, with 50 uniform random numbers
between -0.2 and 0.2.  But you get the idea...

--
Cheers,

Kevin

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang