Hi, I have a two-way anova with unequal cell numbers that I want to analyze. The problem is I don't have individual observations of the data.
I only have the sufficient statistics (mean, variance, # of observations) for each cell. Is there any existing function in S-plus that would allow me to do aov() with the sufficient statistics?

See: David Larsen, Analysis of Variance With Just Summary Statistics as Input, The American Statistician, May 1992, Vol. 46(2), 151-152.

This is implemented in SAS,
 Doc: http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/sasmac/stat2dat.html

Shouldn't be hard to do in R.

--
Michael Friendly Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Professor, Psychology Dept.
York University Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814