When I try writing the current device to a jpeg file I keep getting a gray background
for the jpeg images using dev.print.

I have tried using the option bg="white" and bg="#FFFFFF"
but neither seem to have any effect.

If instead of writing to a screen device I open a jpeg device I can get any background
color
I want.  This works, but I prefer to write to the screen and then
output to file if I like the results rather than to a file and have to view the jpegs
to see results.

I am using R version 1.8.1 on Windows 2000.

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so please let me know, especially if you found a better workaround or a fix.

- john muller