I ran across this error the other day while using lm(). I confess that I haven't used it for awhile and haven't been tracking the changes between versions of R. However, the piece of code below is a tiny modification of the example in the help file for "lm". I just separated the commands apart for clarity. A similar piece comes from the help file for "summary.lm".

Aside from simply typing >lm.D90 at the command line, is there no longer a working summary method for lm. I've looked at the code for summary.lm and its first two lines are:

z <- .Alias(object)
    Qr <- .Alias(object$qr)

>lm.D90 <- lm(weight ~ group ) > summary(lm.D90) Error: '.Alias' is defunct. See ?Defunct.

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    9.0
year     2004
month    04
day      12
language R

I'd be perfectly happy to be straightened out here.

Thanks.

Dr. Marc R. Feldesman
Professor and Chairman Emeritus
Anthropology Department - Portland State University
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax:    503-725-3905

"Don't knock on my door if you don't know my Rottweiler's name" Warren Zevon "Its midnight and I'm not famous yet" Jimmy Buffett