I am using R 1.9.1 under Windows XP Professional.

Is there any R function that returns the filesystem path from which the global environment (workspace) was loaded (and to which it will, by default, be saved)? This seems identical with the current directory, so in any given session it is not too difficult to find out by other means. But for several reasons I would like to find this out from within R.

Thanks.

-- Michael Prager, Ph.D. Population Dynamics Team, NMFS SE Fisheries Science Center NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research Beaufort, North Carolina 28516 http://shrimp.ccfhrb.noaa.gov/~mprager/