At 7/15/2004 02:35 PM Thursday, you wrote:
Hello,
            If I have a four column data set (with thousands of rows), that
doesn't have a header, how do I load in this text file, WITHOUT a row added
for naming(i.e. numbering the rows, 1 2 3 4 5......).
Also, if a row is added for naming, then will it be actually included in the
data? That is, will that numbered row be included in analysis I run? (like
PCA)

I assume you really mean "a column added for naming the rows". My understanding is that data frames always have row names, but matrices do not. If memory is limiting (probably not), you could read the data into a matrix instead of a data frame.

To answer your other question, row names are NOT included in any analysis. They are saved as character strings anyway, not numbers.

MHP