On my computer, it seems that (binary?) packages installed through the
GUI in RAqua are not used available to the command line version of R,
while (source) packages installed with R CMD INSTALL are available to
both.  This is a problem when I run R CMD CHECK on a package that I am
creating that depends on packages I have installed through the gui.

Is this a problem with my installation of R, or a known limitation?
(there is no mention of this in the Mac OS X faq, however, the entire
section entitled "Installing packages" is blank).

Thanks,

Hadley