hi,

after

m=locfit(y~x,..........., family=binomial)
plot(m,band="local") gives me a plot of locfit's result with a confidence interval around it. i would like to get the actual values that are being used to plot the lines in this figure.

i tried using predict, but the standard error it returns when i supply the se=T argument, appears not to be the same as the CI produced by plot (it is much larger...in my one case). i have tried all the different type=".." options, but none of them matches the CI produced by plot.

i only recently started using both R and local regression methods and am still feeling my way around, so even though I have gone through the FAQs and the online manuals and the archives of this group and the Loader book, I have been unable to make much progress. any help would be very appreciated !!

thanks, suresh