Thanks Juan. I thought that was what I was looking for, but really, I want to know which of the original covariates could best be used to take advantage of their colinearity without creating new variables. I think PCA creates new variables. SAS and SPSS can do what I'm talking about, but I would like to use R for this.

Thanks,
Ian

Martínez Ovando Juan Carlos wrote:

Hello Ian,

?princomp

If your covariates are scalars, and the following documents:

http://www.jstatsoft.org/v07/i01/drdoc.pdf

http://www.bioconductor.org/workshops/Milan/PDF/Lab12.pdf

Best wishes.

Saludos,