On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Lilian Roos wrote:

Dear Madam, Sir,

I wonder me how I can scan a file in R when I work at
an Apple (Mac OS X). I know how to do in a Windows
surrounding, but not in the Apple one. Can you help
me?

Hope to hear from you and thanks in front,

Lilian Roos

PS. I have to scan "verzoeken2.txt" and this file is
at my USB DISK drive.

The same way. You need to know the path for the file. Look in the Finder to see the name of your USB disk drive. Suppose it is called UNNAMED (which is the default for some brands). Then
scan("/Volumes/UNNAMED/verzoeken2.txt")
would work

        -thomas

=====
"All the freaky people make a beauty of the world" - Michael Franti

Thomas Lumley Assoc. Professor, Biostatistics [EMAIL PROTECTED] University of Washington, Seattle