Dear listers,

I have developped a set of functions that I would like to package on a
Windows XP plateform for some friends (this would be more simple than to
deliver them as a source text file without handy help). I am working under
Windows XP.

Of course I have gone through the manual "Writing R extension" and try to
sort out what a most simple "packaging" for beginner (without compiled
code, etc...)  could be. I also read
http://www.rap.ucar.edu/staff/ericg/RWinBuild.html It is very easy to build
R packages in Windows (for Windows)...

Perl has been installed and works fine C:\Perl (source
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/Download.html).
R Tools have been installed: C:\Perl\Rtools (source:
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/tools.zip)
R tools functions delivered work fine (ex: ls, etc...)
R has been installed "at the root" of C:\ to avoid any blank in directory
names: C:\R\rw2000
The PATH has been defined as environment variable in Windows XP as:
C:\Perl\Rtools;C:\Perl\bin;...;C:\R\rw2000\bin

A trial package named "AnExample" has been prepared as indicated in the
example of package.skeleton() of the library "utils" and put in C:\

from there I have typewritten:

C:\>RCMD build AnExample

With this result:

Can't open perl script "C:\R\rw2000/bin/build": No such file or directory

I could catch that indeed 'build.exe' does not exist in this directory
(which is true...) and tried to find it somewhere on my c: disk.
Unfortunately, this 'build' or 'build.exe' file does not exist nor a
'check' file, nor any complementary command of Rcmd

After some research hours (actually since yesterday...), I cannot find
where I have got wrong yet... and considering the result, I am sure I got
somewhere!

Can somebody help me on this?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Giraudoux