Lei Liu wrote:

Hi there,

After I fitted a cox model, I used vcov to obtain the variance of the parameter estimate. It worked correctly in R 1.9.1. But it failed in R 2.0.0 and the error message is
Error in vcov(cox.1) : no applicable method for "vcov"

Please give us details and read the posting guide.

The first thing we can guess is that you are using function coxph() from package "survival". Is this correct?

If yes, the following extended exmaple from ?coxph works perfectly for me in R-2.0.1:

test1 <- list(time=  c(4, 3,1,1,2,2,3),
                status=c(1,NA,1,0,1,1,0),
                x=     c(0, 2,1,1,1,0,0),
                sex=   c(0, 0,0,0,1,1,1))
vcov(coxph( Surv(time, status) ~ x + strata(sex), test1))

Uwe Ligges

I don't know if it is a bug or there is some update on this function. Thanks!

Lei Liu
Assistant Professor
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences
School of Medicine
University of Virginia

3181 Hospital West Complex