Dear Seth,

You don't say which variable is the explanatory variable and which is the
response, but assuming that prob is to be regressed on effect, you can fit
lm(prob - 50 ~ I(effect + 37.25) - 1). That is you can shift the point
through which the regression is to go to the origin and then force the
regression through the origin.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox